Posted By admin on August 16, 2014
Brundage Park Playhouse on Carrell Road in Randolph, NJ is pleased to announce auditions for its upcoming show, Bye Bye Birdie on Sunday, August 17th from 6 – 9 pm and Tuesday, August 19th from 6 – 9 pm.
Call Backs on Thursday, August 21 from 7 – 9 pm.
Bye, Bye, Birdie
Book by Michael Stewart
Music by Charles Strouse
Lyrics by Lee Adams
Directed by Ray Gelpke
Performance Dates: October 10, 17 at 8:00 pm and October 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 at 2:00 pm
This Tony Award-winning musical is an American theater classic. When teenager Kim MacAfee wins a contest to be the fan chosen to kiss rock and roll star Conrad Birdie goodbye before he goes into the Army, life in Sweet Apple, Ohio is never the same again. Featuring well-known hits such as “Kids”, “A Lot of Livin’ To Do”, “One Boy” and many others, Bye Bye Birdie is nothing but good ol’ fashioned fun.
- Albert Peterson – Age 19-25 (Baritone)- The nervous, excitable, President of the Almaelou Music Corporation, pays more attention to his mother than to his girlfriend; large role requiring good comic timing and pleasant singing voice for three nice solos; some dancing skill a plus.
- Rose “Rosie” Alvarez – Age 19-25 (Alto) Albert’s secretary and want-to-be fiancé with a touch of sarcasm, she gets fed up with waiting for him to propose; lots of featured singing and STRONG dancing role.
- Conrad Birdie – Age 16-25 (Baritone) The “Elvis-style” type rock star who is headed into the army; he must be able to sing well, and move like a rock star.
- Kim MacAfee – Age 16-18 (Soprano) A self-possessed teen-aged girl, she is more mature than her “Conrad-Crazy” girlfriends, and is chosen to receive the ‘one last kiss’ from Conrad Birdie.
- Mr. Harry MacAfee – Age 18-25 (Tenor)
The frustrated father of Kim and Randolph, who feels his stature as a parent is continually challenged; a very funny role for a good, loud, singer.
- Mrs. Doris MacAfee – Age 18-25 (Alto) The tireless, caring mother of Kim and Randolph who knows just how to handle her irritable husband.
- Randolph MacAfee – Age 8-10 (Tenor) – Kim’s perky well behaved younger brother; sings one feature song.
- Hugo Peabody – Age 15-17 (Spoken) Kim’s boyfriend or “steady” who is quite jealous of Conrad.
- Mae Peterson – Age 19-25 (Spoken) Albert’s mother, the quintessential “Mamma,” who never stops parenting Albert; one of the funniest roles in the show. Overbearing and prejudiced.
- Ursula Merkle – Age 14-17 (Mezzo) The hyper-enthusiastic teen-aged girlfriend of Kim’s who leads the fans screaming for Conrad Birdie.
- Gloria Rasputin – Age 16-20 (Spoken) The gum-chewing, lame-brained, dancing secretary who is Mae Peterson’s choice to replace Rosie as Albert’s fiancé. A curvaceous blonde.
- The Mayor – (Spoken) Age 17-25 the mayor of Sweet Apple.
- The Mayor’s Wife – (Spoken) Age 17-25 his repressed wife.
- Mrs. Merkle – Ursula’s mother (Spoken) – Age 17-25
- Mr. Johnson – Harvey’s father (Spoken) – Age 17-25
- Maude - Owner of Maude’s Roadside Retreat; Age 17-25 (Tenor) 2nd tenor in male quartet and part of the ensemble.
Supporting Sweet Apple Teens
- Deborah Sue Miller – Age 13-17 One of Kim’s best friends. Solo in “Telephone Hour”.
- Margie Johnson – Age 13-17 (Mezzo) Harvey’s sister (this is not mentioned in most versions). Solo in “Telephone Hour”.
- Alice - Age 13-17The Mayor’s daughter, another one of Kim’s best friends. Solo in “Telephone Hour”. Girlfriend of Freddie
- Helen – Age 13-17 (Mezzo)Solo in “Telephone Hour”.
- Nancy – Age 13-17 (Mezzo)Solo in “Telephone Hour”.
- Harvey Johnson Age 13-17 (Tenor) – The nerdy son of Mr. Johnson. Solo in “Telephone Hour”.
- Penelope Ann Henkel Age 13-17 (Mezzo) – Solo in “Telephone Hour”.
- Charity Garfein- Age 13-17 (Mezzo) – Solo in “Telephone Hour”, asked out by Harvey Johnson
- Suzie - Age 13-17 (Mezzo) possible friend, but has doubt in Hugo and Kim’s relationship. Solo in “Telephone Hour.”
Bring picture and resume if available.
Auditions will be at the playhouse on Carrell Road in Randolph, New Jersey. For further information, please call (973) 989-7092.